[arch-haskell] Haskell's state in Arch & near future

Vesa Kaihlavirta vpkaihla at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 07:39:41 UTC 2013

Hey,

Progress report.

There's now a ghc-7.2.2-1 in testing, but there are some
complications. Mainly, that version doesn't handle removing of older
haskell-platform very nicely.

Also, I've found out a little late that the 7.2 series is supposedly
some sort of a "technology preview" branch. While I think it's totally
irresponsible and moronic for the GHC devs to release a point release
that's not supposed to be widely used, we'll have to think about if we
really want 7.2 or do we wait for 7.4.

Any opinions on that?

--vk