[arch-haskell] ghc 7.4.1 in a temporary repo

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Oct 12 07:39:55 UTC 2013

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 15:25, Adrien Haxaire <adrien at haxaire.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to have it for 32 bits as well, as I do not have a 64 bits OS.
>
> My computer is slow, do you think it is doable to compile it on my
> machine with your script as you suggested? Never done that before, but
> I'd be glad to help. I don't know what are the requirements, how long it
> takes, etc.

It is certainly doable, though it may take a bit of time.

First you need a development version of `cblrepo`, check out commit
4364ed0ab546fafbff59163d59c6bf94d8298dd4 on the branch called
`devo/ghc74` [1].  That version of `cblrepo` is compilable using the
packages currently in [haskell], but it generates PKGBUILDs usable
with GHC 7.4.1.

Check out the sources I used for [ghc74]

    $ git clone git clone http://www.kiwilight.com/~magnus/ah-ghc74.git

Now you can use the `makeahpkg` script as usual to first build GHC
itself, then the dev-version of cblrepo to generate the PKGBUILDs, in
order to finally build the entire [ghc74] repo for yourself.

Let me know if you run into any troubles.

/M

[1]: http://is.gd/NyCWxL

--
Magnus Therning                      OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org