[arch-haskell] [arch-general] GHC 7.4.1 or HP 2011.4.0.0??

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Oct 12 07:39:57 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 09:03:02PM -0600, Thomas Dziedzic wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 3:35 PM, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
[...]
>> Am I to understand that this means HP will go?
>
> That's the plan so far.

:-)

>> In the meantime I'll try to build as many of the packages in
>> [extra]/[community] as possible.  That ought to be useful to you
>> later on, particularly if any patches are necessary.
>
> This would be really awesome if you found the time to do this
> especially if you found any breakages and patches that fixed those.

Of course.  I'll collect it all in the git repo I pointed to earlier.

By now I've gotten almost all packages from [extra] compiled.  So far
I've skipped OpenGL/GLUT since these packages have been drastically
re-arranged in the recent releases.  I'm wondering whether it's worth
including them at all if HP is dropped.  (Are there usage statistics
to consult somewhere?)

/M

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have
C++ in mind.
     -- Alan Kay