[arch-haskell] Adding packages to cblrepo

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Oct 12 07:40:14 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 11:46:39AM +0200, Alessandro Pezzoni wrote:
> Hello list,
> I'm trying to add numeric-prelude [1] to the habs tree [2], with the
> intent of making a pull-request and providing a compiled package, as
> this seems to be what I should do to contribute to the [haskell] repo.
> When I try to make some PKGBUILDs, though, I get a dependency on
> "ghc=7.4.1-1", even if we switched to ghc-7.4.2-1 from [extra] and
> before that we had a ghc-7.4.1-6 package in [haskell].
> How could I correct this?

I'm still looking for some convenient way to handle this through
cblrepo itself :(

In {habs}/ghc/helpers you'll find a script adjust-ghc.sh which you
pass all PKGBUILDs too.  I try to keep that up-to-date so that the
following sequence works out of the box:

    % cblrepo pkgbuild <list of packages>
    % ./ghc/helpers/adjust-ghc.sh */PKGBUILD

/M

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have
C++ in mind.
     -- Alan Kay