[arch-haskell] Current procedure to install Hakyll (with deps)

gdweber at iue.edu gdweber at iue.edu
Sat Oct 12 07:40:17 UTC 2013

On 2012-Jul-12, Fabio Riga wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> 2012/7/11 <gdweber at iue.edu>
>

> > I am glad to hear it.  Sometimes installing packages with Cabal
> > and with the distro packages can make an evil mess.
> >

> You are right. But I'm not happy with cabal installing *a lot* of different
> version of packages. I think that completing the archhaskell repository is
> the way to go. Pacman is much more better.

I agree.  That is why, now that I have a little extra time,
because it's summer, I've been learning to work with the tools
like cblrepo and github and even (ouch!) git, instead of using
cabal-install.  Well, I did do a quick cabal-install of
the Colour package this afternoon, but that is only
temporary.  Although it takes a little longer
to make Arch Linux packages,
I am convinced that it will leave me more sane
in the long run.  And this way I can also
contribute what I build to the Arch Haskell community.
It looks like my first contribution (haskell-opengl
and related packages) will get integrated into
the [haskell] repo soon.

So I hope more people will do this, as you have also been
doing, Fabio!