[arch-haskell] working with HABS

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Wed Jan 15 13:41:01 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 12:29 AM, Linus Arver <linusarver at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to compile HABS packages with the 'makeahpkg' script but the uses
> of 'sudo' require me to enter my root password every once in a while.
> This is annoying because I cannot just do
>
>     ./makeahpkg -c -- $(cblrepo build base | tail -n +2)
>
> and let it run overnight. In fact, at one instance the script just
> exited on its own because I did not enter the root pasword in time. Is
> there a workaround for this?

The easiest way is to remove password prompting while building.  That
does compromise security somewhat though.  You can also try to run the
script as root, then `sudo` becomes a no-op.  The building uses a
chroot, which is why root access is necessary.

> Also does anyone have recommendations for web storage services that
> would work well with hosting my build of HABS packages? I've tried
> DropBox but the current AUR package for it is unusable, at least with
> Xmonad.

There is always the option of using the pre-built packages.
Information can be found at
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Haskell_package_guidelines#Haskell_packages

/M

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org