[Haskell-beginners] Re: [Haskell-begin] Maximum of a List?

Steve Klabnik steve.klabnik at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 00:01:26 EDT 2008

First of all, thanks for pointing out the old ghci. I had installed it on a
lab computer by just googling 'ghci windows' and that was what came up. My
home machine has the newest one, and is also considerably beefier
hardware-wise.

I think you're onto something with the Int/Integer thing....when using a
type signature of "Integer", "f  1 113383" gives "248" immediately.
Compiling and running the code with "Integer" types on my home machine
yields "525".... which Euler says isn't the right answer?

Also, on the strictness annotations: Do you put them in the type
declaration? Or in the pattern match on the lhs of the declaration?