[Haskell-beginners] Selecting a GUI toolkit

Felipe Lessa felipe.lessa at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 21:15:25 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 12:40:54AM +0200, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> I think I read somewhere that Gtk2Hs is the more active project, so it
> might be more mature. On the other hand, Gtk kinda sucks on Mac OS X. I
> hate how Gimp or GnuCash look when I run them on OS X. On Windows Gtk
> runs fine except that the file browser looks out of place.

Although I don't have access to a Mac, people usually don't like
Gtk there.  But there seems to be a native port somewhere that is
going to be merged into Gtk+ someday :).

Now, good support today for Mac OS X would be my only reason to
go through the wxWindows route.  I use Gtk+ because back in the
days that I tried wxWindows, it had a terrible appearence when
using Gtk as a backend, but probably things improved since then.

--
Felipe.