[Haskell-beginners] Installing packages

Tymur Porkuian shooshpanchick at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 18:21:18 EST 2009

>>> On Windows it usually means that the package has a "configure" shell script
>>> and therefore requires that Cygwin or MSYS be installed.
>>
>> I have installed Cygwin, and still getting the exact same error.
>> Should something else be done after installing it?
>
> Are you running "cabal install" from within Cygwin prompt?

No, I'm not running "cabal install", I'm running "runhaskell Setup
configure" (as written in
http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Cabal/How_to_install_a_Cabal_package).
"cabal" is not even on the PATH, actually. Now I launched this command
from cygwin, this is what I got:

.../cygdrive/d/libraries/wxcore-0.11.0
$ runhaskell.exe Setup configure
warning:
 Unable to find wxWidgets configuration (wx-config).

checking system:
error:
 Unable to find the 'wx-config' program: wx-config
 Maybe you forgot to run 'make install' on wxWidgets?
 Otherwise, add the install directory of wx-config to your path.

 Or maybe you are trying to compile with Microsoft Visual C++?
 If so, you can specify that on the command line:
 For example: ./configure --with-msc

What is wx-config and where can I get it?