[Haskell-beginners] Sidebar to variables

Duke Normandin dukeofperl at ml1.net
Sat Jul 25 09:42:04 EDT 2009

My recent questions concerning "variables" spawned this observation:

I take it that programming a solution using a functional language like
Haskell is really about "linking" a series of functions from which a
 solution is derived.

It seems to me that this approach would naturally encourage the use of
the "bottom-up" method of program development. I mean, breaking the
task down to the smallest possible segments, and then writing a function
for each segment. Refactoring the task until the smallest segments are
achieved. Very much like what I learned about programming in Forth (they
use the term "words" to mean "function")

Am I on the right track here, in my view of the "Haskell approach" to
programming solutions?
--
duke