[Haskell-beginners] Getting source libraries

Zachary Turner divisortheory at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 17:53:34 EDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Jason Dusek <jason.dusek at gmail.com> wrote:

>  The GHC source distribution will get you all the sources for all the all
> the
>  libraries that come with GHC.
>
>  As for any other libraries -- you should have the sources for those
> already,
>  if they were installed via Cabal.

Well, I've downloaded it, but how to install them without
building/installing GHC?  For example, in the source package all the library
folders have names like "array", "base", etc.  In my binary installation
they have names like "array-0.2.0.0" and "base-3.0.3.0".  There's a number
of ways I can figure out to deal with, like a perl script etc, but I thought
maybe there is an easier, "official" way to do it.  I really don't know
anything about cabal or the GHC build system yet, but was looking for like
an "install source" or "update source" or "make and install libraries"
command either through cabal or the GHC makefile.