[Haskell-beginners] Re: Selecting a GUI toolkit

Heinrich Apfelmus apfelmus at quantentunnel.de
Sat May 2 03:39:03 EDT 2009

Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Anyways, to bring back some context into the discussion. We were talking
> about whether WX is better than X11+Gtk on Mac. I am confident that it is.

I concur.

What has put me off of cross-platform GUIs so far is probably not even
the appearance, but rather that the programs I've seen don't work
correctly: weird behavior, drawing bugs when updating the screen,
sluggishness, and crashes. The Gtk+X11 ones (Gimp, Inkscape) usually
work better than those who try to use a native toolkit. Hopefully,
Haskell easily avoids these kinds of problems. :)

Regards,
apfelmus

--
http://apfelmus.nfshost.com