[Haskell-beginners] QuickCheck

Brent Yorgey byorgey at seas.upenn.edu
Sun May 24 10:57:57 EDT 2009

On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 11:47:06PM -0400, Thomas Friedrich wrote:

> Does anyone know why the now version of QuickCheck is not compatible with
> the old one?

Well, the new version is close to a complete rewrite.  It's
differently organized, has a number of new features, etc.; the fact
that it's incompatible with 1.2 is a feature, not a bug. =)

That said, I assume there are ways with version 2 to do the same
things you were doing with 1.2, but they might have different names
and so on.  Unfortunately I'm not terribly familiar with the
differences; you'll just have to dig around in the documentation.

-Brent