[Haskell-beginners] new locale?

Robert Wills wrwills at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 18:17:05 EDT 2009

Hi,

Sorry for not replying earlier.  I didn't see this until Friday and
didn't get much time on my computer this weekend.

I asked this question because I was hoping to find
System.Locale.defaultTimeLocale doesn't seem to be returning a time
locale that matches what's on my system.  It returns  dateFmt =
"%m/%d/%y" while my machine is set to  EN_GB and so presumably it should
return %d/%m/%y.

In Python on my machine I get:
 >>> import  locale
 >>> locale.getdefaultlocale()
('en_GB', 'UTF8')

So anyway, I was wondering whether there was a new locale library that
fixed this problem.

-Rob