[Haskell-beginners] Finance.Quote.Yahoo

Hong Yang hyangfji at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 15:22:40 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I was using a modified version of Finance.Quote.Yahoo module (I only added
"setproxy"), and got unwanted print on the screen. My questions are as
follows:

1) How can I get rid of this screen print? (I guess HTTP package called by
the Finance.Quote.Yahoo module internally prints those info. Should I
temporarily turn off STDOUT then turn it on? How to do this?)
2) "ghc-pkg list" shows HTTP-4000.0.8. How come the output shows
"HTTP-4000.0.5"?

Thanks,

Hong

P.S. The following is the screen output:

Sending:
GET http://download.finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=BAX&f=l1 HTTP/1.1

Host: download.finance.yahoo.com

proxy uri host: xxxproxy, port: :74
Creating new connection to xxxproxy:74

Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive

Connection: Keep-Alive

Transfer-Encoding: chunked

Via: 1.1 SAUSISA02

Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 18:49:43 GMT

P3P: policyref="http://p3p.yahoo.com/w3c/p3p.xml", CP="CAO DSP COR CUR ADM
DEV TAI PSA PSD IVAi IVDi CONi TELo OTPi OUR DELi SAMi OTRi UNRi PUBi IND
PHY ONL UNI PUR FIN COM NAV INT DEM CNT STA POL HEA PRE GOV"

Cache-Control: private