[Haskell-beginners] Distributing executables

Alp Mestan alp at mestan.fr
Tue Sep 29 02:36:19 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 7:43 AM, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org>wrote:

> What OS is it for?  (I'm inclined to believe it's windows, but I can't be
> sure.)
>
> In either case, why distribute it as a _completely_ statically linked
> executable, wouldn't putting together an installer just as good?

It would. But actually, while going to work, I was wondering if a sort of
Haskell application deployer would be a good idea ?
It'd package Haskell apps with the necessary dynamic libraries, etc,
depending on the target system of course, just like NSIS or so does. Except
if nobody can't find a good reason not to use tools like NSIS which are
already portable IIRC.

--
Alp Mestan
http://blog.mestan.fr/