[Haskell-beginners] Is this scope range problem?

Sok H. Chang shaegis at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 12:32:43 CET 2010

Thank you so much, Luca.
Mmm... I want to make a "List of Sentence" from some text file.

inputFile.txt is like this.
--------------------------------
This is a pen.
Is this a pen?
etc...many sentence. Each line, only one sentence.

How can I make a list of sentence?
How can I declared inpStr?

Thank you.

Sincerely, Sok Chang

2010/12/14 Luca Toscano <toscano.luca at gmail.com>

> On 12/14/2010 07:24 AM, Sok H. Chang wrote:
>
>> Hello, everyone.
>>
> Hello,
> I don't understand very well what you're trying to do in your code, but if
> it is simply reading from a file and put the output into another file there
> is a better way:
>

> import System.IO
> import System.Random
>
> sentenceAry = []
>
> main :: IO ()
> main = do
>    inh <- openFile "c:\\Documents and Settings\\shaegis\\inputFile.txt"
> ReadMode
>    outh <- openFile "c:\\Documents and Settings\\shaegis\\outputFile.txt"
> WriteMode
>    mainloop inh outh
>    hClose inh
>    hClose outh
>
> mainloop :: Handle -> Handle -> IO ()
> mainloop inh outh = do
>    ineof <- hIsEOF inh
>    if ineof
>        then
>            return ()
>        else do
>            inpStr <- hGetLine inh
>            hPutStrLn outh inpStr
>            mainloop inh outh
>

> I hope I've understood the problem.. In your code 'inpStr' wasn't in scope,
> because you've declared it  only into else block..
>
> Luca

Sok Ha, CHANG
Open Mind Clinic/Academy, 1551-1, Sa-Dong, SangRok-Gu, AnSan-City,
KyongGi-Do
Tel: 031-407-6114
HP: openmind.ac / www.openmind.ac