[Haskell-beginners] Is this scope range problem?

Sok H. Chang shaegis at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 15:42:22 CET 2010

Thank you so much ! Luca and Bastian !
Now, I can handle whole text file as one list.
I want to do this... extract one text, or eliminate one text(like "tail
LIST") etc...
Thank you.

Also very Thankful to Bastian.
I'll try readFile function.

Thank you again, and Have a nice day.

Sincerely, Sok Chang

2010/12/14 Luca Toscano <toscano.luca at gmail.com>

> On 12/14/2010 12:32 PM, Sok H. Chang wrote:
>
>> Thank you so much, Luca.
>> Mmm... I want to make a "List of Sentence" from some text file.
>>
>> inputFile.txt is like this.
>> --------------------------------
>> This is a pen.
>> Is this a pen?
>> etc...many sentence. Each line, only one sentence.
>>
>> How can I make a list of sentence?
>> How can I declared inpStr?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Sincerely, Sok Chang
>>
>>  You're welcome! I am a beginner in haskell programming, it's interesting
> to work with others! By the way, this is the code:
>

> import System.IO
> import System.Random
> import Data.List
>
> main :: IO ()
> main = do
>    inh <- openFile "path_to_file" ReadMode
>    prova <- (mainloop inh [])
>    print prova
>    hClose inh
>
> mainloop :: Handle -> [String] -> IO [String]
> mainloop inh list = do
>
>    ineof <- hIsEOF inh
>    if ineof
>        then
>            return list
>
>        else do
>            inpStr <- hGetLine inh
>            mainloop inh (list ++ [inpStr])
>
> This is my version, it works I think.. I hope this helps you!!
>

> Luca

Sok Ha, CHANG
Open Mind Clinic/Academy, 1551-1, Sa-Dong, SangRok-Gu, AnSan-City,
KyongGi-Do
Tel: 031-407-6114
HP: openmind.ac / www.openmind.ac