[Haskell-beginners] Linux install walkthrough

Lakshmi Narasimhan lakshminaras2002 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 08:30:13 EST 2010

Hi Adrian,

Were you able to get the installation of Leksah done ? I haven't tried
installing leksah from cabal in centos myself but it would be good to know
whether it is possible to get leksah built without having to upgrade gtk and
glib in Centos 5.4. In that case, we might be able to use some rpms from
fedora haskell platform.

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 6:34 PM, Stephen Tetley <stephen.tetley at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Adrian
>
> Is Centos close enough to RedHat to use Fedora packages?
>
> The Haskell-Platform seemingly is available as a package:
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/users/packages/haskell-sig
>
> Leksah has a fairly large set of dependencies so installing it might
> take some work - particularly where it depends on packages outside the
> Haskell Plaform (GTK, etc...) you might well want versions from
> Hackage rather than ones prepackaged for Fedora. It might be worth
> asking on the Fedora-Haskell-devel mailing list for better advice.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Stephen

Regards
Lakshmi Narasimhan T V