[Haskell-beginners] Haskell, Ray Tracing, Parallel Computation

Jon Harrop jon at ffconsultancy.com
Fri Jan 15 11:25:22 EST 2010

Someone has tried to parallelize Lennart's Haskell from my ray tracer language
comparison and they are claiming awesome performance results for Haskell,
even beating HLVM:

  http://poorlytyped.blogspot.com/2010/01/haskell-ray-tracing-parallel.html

Frankly, I don't believe their claims for a second. So I'd like to test their
code for myself. However, apparently their code needs some third-party
library that can be installed with:

  cabal install AC-Vector

but, on my machine, that only seems to make the library accessible to GHC 6.10
and not to GHC 6.12 (which is needed to compile this benchmark).

What is the easiest way for me to get this library working under GHC 6.12?

http://www.ffconsultancy.com/?e