[Haskell-beginners] Haskell, Ray Tracing, Parallel Computation

Tom Davie tom.davie at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 10:17:38 EST 2010

You should be able to get it just by running cabal update & cabal install
AC-Vector.

With 6.12 it may be that you don't have the cabal-install package installed
already, so cabal install won't work.

If that's the case, you'll need to download cabal-install and it's deps and
install it using runhaskell Setup.hs configure, runhaskell Setup.hs build ad
runhaskell Setup.hs install.

That, or wait until 6.12 is considered stable enough to become part of the
Haskell platform.

For reference – I can quite believe that Haskell came out incredibly fast
here – it's trivially easy to parallelise haskell programs, and GHC deals
with parallelisation well (except for garbage collection unfortunately).

Bob