[Haskell-beginners] 'cabal install hdirect' can't find hdirect

Larry Evans cppljevans at suddenlink.net
Sun Jul 4 12:14:27 EDT 2010

On 07/04/10 10:50, Stephen Tetley wrote:
> You don't need HDirect for this.
>
> I've attached an early revision of Wolfram Kahl's code that I download
> years ago - this is a plain Haskell version rather than a literate
> file you should find it easier to use.
>
> The file itself seems to have disappeared from the web, though maybe
> it is findable through the Wayback machine.

Thanks Stephen; however, when I tried with your interpret.hs,
I got the same error I got with:

http://www.cas.mcmaster.ca/~kahl/FP/2003/Interpreter.lhs

that is:
={============ cut here ==============
~/prog_dev/haskell/modular-interpreter $ hugs -98 +o Interpreter.hs
__   __ __  __  ____   ___      _________________________________________
||   || ||  || ||  || ||__      Hugs 98: Based on the Haskell 98 standard
||___|| ||__|| ||__||  __||     Copyright (c) 1994-2005
||---||         ___||           World Wide Web: http://haskell.org/hugs
||   ||                         Bugs: http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hugs
||   || Version: September 2006 _________________________________________

Hugs mode: Restart with command line option +98 for Haskell 98 mode

ERROR "Interpreter.hs" - Can't find imported module "FiniteMaps"
Hugs>
The only reason I though hdirect was needed was because it has
a FiniteMaps module.  Hmm...I looked more closely
and it has a FiniteMap module.

Where do can I get this FiniteMaps module?

TIA.

-Larry