[Haskell-beginners] Haskell and Niches

Jordan Cooper nefigah at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 23:12:54 EDT 2010

The recent mailings about using Haskell for an accounting system got
me thinking, since people have pointed out the things that would make
the language suited for the task.

Does this means there are some programming tasks that Haskell is great
for, and others that you would pick a different language for? I was
under the impression that it was more a "general purpose" language
than a "niche" language--I'm using it for programming a decently
ambitious (though small) game now, and it's bending my brain but I
suspect it is fully possible even though games are traditionally
imperatively programmed.

Do you try to use Haskell for every project? Is there some sort of
"right tool for the right job" adage you follow?