[Haskell-beginners] Re: Printing the result of a function evaluation

Travis Erdman traviserdman at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 19:55:43 EST 2010

Steve, I should have provided the following details ...

The code I pasted was a timing function I've come across in various Haskell literature, and it "works" as is ... at least, the timing results it prints are plausible.

My sole "contribution" to the code was the "print v" line, in an attempt to have it print BOTH the result of the function evaluation AND the time it took to evaluate it (and still only evaluating the function once).

As noted, my "print v" prints only "()" regardless of the function -- not what I wanted.  But the timing part still works.  There has got to be an easy fix here, but I have yet to discover it ...