[Haskell-beginners] about installation of Haskell

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Thu Mar 18 11:23:00 EDT 2010

Dave Bayer wrote:
> If I may offer a contrary opinion for others reading this,
> one could be a "beginner at Haskell" but otherwise
> confident with their system, and have a strong preference
> for manual installs.

There are many reasons why some people may prefer in
some circumstances, and other people in all circumstances,
to compile from source and not use any of the "easy install"
options.

Let's first find out what platform our original poster is on
so we'll know what the options are, and what their likely
consequences will be. And if the original poster
has a strong preference for manual compilation as you do -
we'll hear about that, too.

Regards,
Yitz