Fwd: [Haskell-beginners] SMTPClient + hsemail-1.6 = errors

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Fri Mar 26 07:42:36 EDT 2010

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Sergey Mironov
Gesendet: 26.03.2010 10:30:06
An: beginners at haskell.org
Betreff: Fwd: [Haskell-beginners] SMTPClient + hsemail-1.6 = errors

>Thanks, Robert. But my real goal was to compile happstack. SMTPClient
>is just a dependency.
>
>I solved the problem with ghc-pkg unregister:
>
>ierton at vault ~ % ghc-pkg unregister hsemail-1.6
>ierton at vault ~ % cabal install hsemail-1.3
>ierton at vault ~ % caball install SMTPClient

You can also cabal-install with constraints. I don't remember the command-line syntax,
I think it was something like

cabal install 'constraint hsemail < 1.6' SMTPClient

cabal install --help

should tell you how exactly it ought to look. Sometimes unregistering the offending package is not an option because other packages depend on it.