[Haskell-beginners] Can't install haskell-platform on OpenSuse 10.3 without Glut

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Fri May 7 11:12:58 EDT 2010

On Friday 07 May 2010 16:49:13 you wrote:
> On 7 May 2010 13:38, Daniel Fischer <daniel.is.fischer at web.de> wrote:

> > 8. add ~/.cabal/bin to your PATH

Just to prevent later trouble:

If you use the tilde, **do not quote the PATH**

(export PATH=~/.cabal/bin:$PATH works,
export PATH="~/.cabal/bin:$PATH" doesn't, because the tilde doesn't get
expanded inside quotes)

If you use $HOME instead of the tilde or write out your home directory, it
doesn't matter whether you enclose the PATH in quotes or not.