[Haskell-beginners] Haskell Serialization

Ashish Agarwal agarwal1975 at gmail.com
Thu May 13 15:40:55 EDT 2010

Thanks for the reference. Sounds like a neat idea so I'll definitely check
it out!

Right now, there are lots of complications in designing this library, at
least if I want a nice API. I have lots and lots of type definitions to
encode the various constructs of the protocol I'm working with. New versions
could make arbitrary changes: add or remove a field to a record, change the
type of a record field, add or remove one of several possible cases (which I
encode with sum types), and so on. It's not at all clear to me yet how I
should factor my type definitions, and/or use other features such as
polymorphic types, type classes, etc. But I guess this is a different
thread.