[Haskell-beginners] Haskell described as a "rigid" language

aditya siram aditya.siram at gmail.com
Mon May 17 20:22:18 EDT 2010

Haskell is considered by many as an inflexible language [1] . I
describe a flexible language as one that supports any design you want
(even a bad one) - if you can think it, you can code it and run it
(bugs and all).

I share this opinion about Haskell but pursue it because I feel that
one day it will open up and let me think more about the problem and
less about how to get GHC to approve it.

So I guess the question to you practitioners is: Would you agree that
it is a rigid language as describe in the link below, or is that just
an illusion that goes away with experience?

-deech

[1] http://therighttool.hammerprinciple.com/statements/this-language-has-a-very-rigid-idea-of-how-things-