[Haskell-beginners] Attribute Grammar and Type signature with Happy

Julien Lange jl250 at leicester.ac.uk
Fri May 28 09:00:22 EDT 2010

Thanks a lot Stephen, that was really helpful.

FYI, in case you use a Monadic parser (in Happy terms), the type
signature you are looking for is something like this:

MyRule :: { Attrs [MyMonad ()] -> ([MyMonad ()], Attrs MyRuleType) }
	where MyMonad is the type constructor for the monad, and
	      Attrs is the attributetype

You are right and I guess I should give up either Happy or AG with
Happy, but I don't really have (much) time to change the parser at the
moment (and what I want to use the attributes for is quite trivial).

So, if someone could give me more information on the status of AG in
Happy and/or what those type signatures actually mean (if they do at
all) that'd be great (so I can assess the risk of still using this, at
least as a temporary solution).

Cheers,

Julien.