[Haskell-beginners] Rekommendation for select i GUI

Bastian Erdnüß earthnut at web.de
Fri Nov 19 15:46:27 EST 2010

On Nov 19, 2010, at 19:03, Anders Persson wrote:

> Hi!
> i have installed Haskell Platform om a Windows Vista,
> I will also run Haskell on a OS/X machine.
>
> I have looked at a good GUI tool,  tested wxHaskell,
> and hs2GTK but no one seems easy to be install,
> lot off errors, etc...
>
> Have i missed something and could i get some comments om
> a GUI toolkit to select.

I personally tend to use wxHaskell on OS X as described here[1].

I read that wxHaskell isn't under active development anymore
(not sure that's true) and I also have the impression gtk2hs
is the best developed UI framework for Haskell so far.

If you use gtk2hs you might also want to use gtk-osx[2].  You
could also try qtHaskell[3].  But somehow I didn't like the two
very much.

I also tried HTk[4] once and thought it's quite OK.  But I don't
know if it's major enough to develop a bigger project with it.

[1] http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/WxHaskell/MacOS_X
[2] http://gtk-osx.sourceforge.net/
[3] http://qthaskell.berlios.de/
[4] http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/htk/