[Haskell-beginners] error handling in libraries

Michael Xavier nemesisdesign at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 04:29:10 CEST 2011

Hi Beginners,

A little while ago I wrote my first library. Internally, it is pretty solid
but it makes API calls out to the internet so network problems can be an
issue. Additionally, if the API that I'm calling decides to change their
format in the future, it is probably not a good idea that my library crash
the program that uses it. I'm curious what the current best practice is for
handling exceptions in library code. I realize that in self-contained
projects, it is much easier to choose whatever you want because it will not
directly effect the user, but in a library one must consider what exception
handling system the end user is most likely to know.

--
Michael Xavier
http://www.michaelxavier.net