[Haskell-beginners] function defenition. Do I understand it right?

Roelof Wobben rwobben at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 11 21:51:15 CEST 2011

Hello,

Thanks for the tip.
Im stuck now.

I have this :

halve (xs) | length xs'mod'2 == 0   = (take n xs drop n xs)
           | otherwise = (take n+1 xs  drop n+1 xs
           where n= lenght xs'div'2

main = do
  putStrLn $ show $ halve [1,2,3,4]
  putStrLn $ show $ halve [1,2,3]

But now I get this message :

ERROR line 3 - Syntax error in expression (unexpected keyword "where")

Appearently I can't use where here.

How can I solve this ?

Roelof