[Haskell-beginners] Combining GHC library and Platform documentation

Mister Globules globules at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 07:51:31 CEST 2011

Hi,

I followed the instructions to install GHC from pre-compiled binaries and the
Haskell Platform from source
(http://www.vex.net/~trebla/haskell/haskell-platform.xhtml).

It works fine (i.e. ghc, ghci, etc.), but the GHC and platform library
documentation are in different directories, even when I give the same --prefix
and --docdir argument to their respective configure scripts.  Also, the GHC
index.html file only refers to its own libraries; there's no mention of the
other libraries included with the platform.

Is there a simple way to create one index.html file with links to all the
documentation?

As a bonus, is it possible to do the same thing with libraries that I install
with cabal?

- Globules

P.S.

This is on Kubuntu.  I'm installing it myself, rather than using apt-get, in
order to get the most recent version of the platform.