[Haskell-beginners] very impure [global] counter

Davi Santos dps.abc at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 18:45:04 CEST 2011

Thanks David, Patrick and Thomas,
I think 'openTempFile' is exactly what I need.
Is there a way to use this function with no physical disk access?
In other words, is it possible to work with files like they were in a
ramdrive?

To clarify a little,
all this is needed because I can't call java classes directly into haskell
code.
I have seen Jaskell and other apparently dead projects out there.
But they are even far from the little convenience of a "system call" and
some file manipulation.

I tried also Scala to substitute Haskell in this task, but it is too young
language, with memory leaks,
library code instability and other problems (version 2.9.0.1).
Also the Scala IDE(Netbeans plugin), the only I managed to use, is as buggy
as Leksah (0.10.0.4).

Is somebody else trying to access java code? Maybe also the Weka library
like me?

Davi