[Haskell-beginners] Building Haskell Platform with shared libraries?

Mister Globules globules at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 08:02:00 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm installing the Haskell Platform (2011.2.0.1) from source on Kubuntu.  If I
follow the recommended steps (configure, make, make install) it doesn't build
any shared libraries.

I've tried a few hacks (e.g. export EXTRA_CONFIGURE_OPTS=--enable-shared), but
they result in build errors.

Currently, I do a "cabal --reinstall install" for each of the packages in
the platform, but I was wondering if there's a more "official" way to do it when
building the platform itself.

- Globules