[Haskell-beginners] Web frameworks

Mats Rauhala mats.rauhala at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 14:01:55 CEST 2011

On 08:30 Fri 17 Jun     , Manfred Lotz wrote:
> Hi there,
> There are some web frameworks out there, as snap, yesod, happstack, and
> perhaps even more.
>
> I'd like to get a recommendation which web framework might be easiest to
> get into, and to use for a haskell beginner.

My opinion is that you should go with Happstack. It doesn't hold your
hand as Yesod does, and enables you to learn a bit at the same time.

But the real deal comes from the fact that Happstack is already mature,
and has pretty good documentation. The Yesod people are doing a great
job with their book, but as long as it's only half finished, it's a pain
to learn Yesod. There seems to be no api docs whatsoever.

--
Mats Rauhala
MasseR