[Haskell-beginners] Web frameworks

Christopher Done chrisdone at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 17 14:30:04 CEST 2011

On 17 June 2011 14:01, Mats Rauhala <mats.rauhala at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08:30 Fri 17 Jun     , Manfred Lotz wrote:
> > Hi there,
> > There are some web frameworks out there, as snap, yesod, happstack, and
> > perhaps even more.
> >
> > I'd like to get a recommendation which web framework might be easiest to
> > get into, and to use for a haskell beginner.

Oh well, I might as well chime in with Snap. I'd say it's easiest to get
into for a beginner. That's partly why I used it for http://hpaste.org/,
because I wanted people who knew Haskell and had done web dev elsewhere but
didn't necessarily know how X framework's magic worked, to be able to hack
on it. FWIW checkout the source here: https://github.com/chrisdone/amelie

The API is well-documented and it's basically only just one step up above
CGI, so the concepts are bog standard web dev. Everything you need to get
going with something simple in Snap is here:
http://snapframework.com/docs/tutorials/snap-api and then
http://snapframework.com/docs/latest/snap-core/index.html for everything
else.