[Haskell-beginners] Why aren't David Harley's QT bindings more popular?

Mats Rauhala mats.rauhala at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 14:45:38 CEST 2011

On 14:19 Mon 27 Jun     , Øystein Kolsrud wrote:
> I haven't had a look at any of the other libraries out there, so I
> don't really have much to compare with, but a problem with qtHaskell
> is that it's usage is very non-functional in nature, and a lot of it's
> C++ background shines through into the Haskell code (for instance
> management of constructors/destructors). But on the whole I am pretty
> happy with it.

That seems to be quite common with haskell GUI libraries. Even GTK is
extremly imperative by nature, almost clear mapping between the C
version and the Haskell version. The general concensus seems to be that
'no-one wants gui libraries, as everything can be done on the web' :/.

--
Mats Rauhala
MasseR