[Haskell-beginners] book question

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Mon Jun 27 18:46:42 CEST 2011

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 11:21:37 +0200
Raphael Päbst <raphael.paebst at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I used Real World Haskell
> Http:/book.realworldhaskell.org
> and was very happy with it.
> There's also Learn You A Haskell For Great Good
> http://www.learnyouahaskell.com
> which is probably funnier, but I can't tell you much more about it.
> For both it is helpful to have some experience with programming in
> genereal, but these are the first that came to mind.

The online version of Real World Haskell has a comments facility,
which people use to post solutions and discussions of the problems in
the book. I've found those to be invaluable.

On the other hand, the examples in the that book are apparently
executed when rendered (which is sorta cool), and some of them no
longer work because of changes in the haskell environment they are run
in. So you get error messages instead of example output.

    <mike
--
Mike Meyer <mwm at mired.org>		http://www.mired.org/
Independent Software developer/SCM consultant, email for more information.