[Haskell-beginners] Why aren't David Harley's QT bindings more popular?

Mats Rauhala mats.rauhala at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 14:50:51 CEST 2011

On 10:59 Wed 29 Jun     , Heinrich Apfelmus wrote:
> Indeed, reactive-banana intended to be a solid work horse. :) The
> FRP model is quite conservative because of this.
>
> Of course, the library does cover new ground, nobody has figured out
> the most pleasant abstractions for dealing with common GUI tasks
> yet, but I'm in the process of finding some out.
>
> I would like to encourage you to try it out and get back to me with
> any issues you have, both concerning documentation/learning and
> functionality. For instance, one of the authors of Leksah has
> experimented with it; while he had more ambitious plans than
> reactive-banana can handle at the moment, it prompted me to come up
> with the pleasing improvements in version 0.3. Not to mention that I
> now have a new use case to keep in mind for the big picture.

Personally, what I'd like is a simple documented tutorial/example for a
simple application (counter which updates a label?), which is kept
updated even when the library updates.

I noticed two examples in the github repository, but I didn't have time
to properly read them through yet.

--
Mats Rauhala
MasseR