[Haskell-beginners] cabal multi-library setup

Cristian Petrescu Prahova cristipp at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 21:30:45 CET 2011

Hi,

I have a small project consisting of a library and an application. I
cabalized both. However, whenever I tweak the library I cabal install
it, then move to the app directory, then reconfigure, then rebuild.
This is annoying repetitive shell typing. Is there a way to configure
my setup such that cabal build app automatically rebuilds (and
reinstalls?) the library dependency? I'd like something like:

# builds the library and runs the tests
cabal make lib

# builds the app and the library dependency, then runs the app
cabal make app

Thank you,
Cristian