[Haskell-beginners] Which haskell array implementation to use? AKA what are the pros and cons of each

Rohit Garg rpg.314 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 19:53:15 CET 2011

I am reposting the question I posted here

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5196394/which-haskell-array-implementation-to-use-aka-what-are-the-pros-and-cons-of-each

I am somewhat surprised at the answers. It could be that I didn't pose
it very well, but I was surprised nonetheless to know that the present
array library in Platform is considered horrendous, the suggested
version (Data.Vector) can't parallelize operations over boxed arrays
and the repa one (which actually does boxed arrays) doesn't work with
any stable build as of today.

I only need
-> very easy parallelization
-> map/filter type operations