[Haskell-beginners] Haskell GUI library

Heinrich Apfelmus apfelmus at quantentunnel.de
Thu May 5 09:14:13 CEST 2011

Nathan Hüsken wrote:
> Thanks for your insides. I will look into Gtk2Hs.
>
> Has anyone experience with a gui toolkit based on "Functional Reactive
> Programming" that he/she would describe as mature and up to date?

All GUI toolkits based on FRP (functional reactive programming) that I
know (grapefruit-gui, frantk, fruit) are still highly experimental or no
longer supported. If you want something mature, I suggest you use a
traditional approach like wxHaskell or Gtk2Hs instead.

That said, I'm currently working on a independent FRP library that can
be hooked into *any* GUI framework, including wx and gtk.

   http://apfelmus.nfshost.com/blog/2011/04/28-frp-banana-0-2.html

In other words, you can have the best of both worlds. For example, my
library grew out of a small GUI application that uses wxHaskell.

   https://github.com/HeinrichApfelmus/Haskell-BlackBoard

Best regards,
Heinrich Apfelmus

--