[Haskell-beginners] Function for working with functions in data?

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Fri May 6 20:57:22 CEST 2011

I'm filling a functional itch that Haskell isn't scratching. I'm
looking for a function to take a list of functions, and apply them all
to a value. The signature is obvious :: [a -> b] -> a -> [b], and it's
nearly trivial to write (\fs a -> map ($ a) [fs]), but Haskell has
most useful list functions already provided.

I couldn't turn it up in hoogle or the prelude. Am I just missing it
somewhere, or is it really not available in a library?

   Thanks,
   <mike
--
Mike Meyer <mwm at mired.org>		http://www.mired.org/
Independent Software developer/SCM consultant, email for more information.