[Haskell-beginners] Network.Curl POST body not showing up

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+hs at mega-nerd.com
Thu May 12 03:07:32 CEST 2011

Bryce Verdier wrote:

> I would be interested in this as well. I'm trying to use Network.Curl
> for a personal project, also using a method_post, and am not able to get
> a response. Though I know it's connecting.
>
> I _think_ that I need to use CurlWriteFunction, but I'm still new to
> Haskell & not sure how to work with that option.

I tried a number of times to do things with Network.Curl and found
it to be a painful and frustrating experience. The API is highly
irregular and often remains too close to the underlying C API.

More recently I've been using the http-enumerator package which
is conceptually a little more complicated but works really,
really well. It does both HTTP and HTTPS, GET and POST. It
currently doesn't work via a proxy, but the http-enumerator
author has said he will take patches and I'm working on it.

Cheers,
Erik