[Haskell-beginners] Multiple versions

Mark Bestley news{ at bestley.co.uk
Sun May 15 12:11:25 CEST 2011

Tom Murphy <amindfv at gmail.com> wrote:

> My god! Another ghci!
>
> Thanks for helping me find that.
>
> Re-running the Haskell Platform installer ends with an "Installation
> Failed," and I know enough to not start swapping out binaries in
> /opt/local/bin, so is there a best-practices way to fix this?

If the other is in /opt/local/bin then this is probably from Macports
and so you need to remove it.

I had this issue and had to unintsll haskell and its varias ports

so

port uninstall x
where x was haskell-platform, hs-platform-cabal ,
hs-platform-haskell-src and anyother hs*

If you dion't use macports for anything then see
<http://guide.macports.org/#installing.macports.uninstalling>

--
Mark