[Haskell-beginners] Load functions from broken source code files?

Christopher Howard christopher.howard at frigidcode.com
Sun May 22 01:15:51 CEST 2011

On 05/21/2011 01:54 PM, Tom Murphy wrote:
> I'm sorry if this is obvious, but it's only 8 keystrokes to comment
> out everything before and after the function you're testing:
> {-
> -}
> f x = ...
> {-
> }
>
> Tom

Ha! Provided, of course, your editor knows that you need to first move
your cursor to the point just before the function, then to the point
just after your function, then to the beginning of the file (after any
required imports) then to the end of the file. Otherwise, that might be
more like a 12 stroke action, granting that your function is only one
line long and that you happen to be on the same line as your function.
Unless, of course, you are using a graphical editor and use your mouse
to set cursor position, in which case 8 keystrokes is possible, but then
the time required is proportional to the size of your source code file
and the speed of text scrolling. And, of course, you will eventually
need to uncomment the code, which will require additional keystrokes. ;)

--
frigidcode.com
theologia.indicium.us