[Haskell-beginners] Search for docs on operator '<+>'.

Ertugrul Soeylemez es at ertes.de
Wed Nov 9 19:15:18 CET 2011

"Allen S. Rout" <asr at ufl.edu> wrote:

> Google seems to barf on '<+>'.  I've found a haskell "list of
> operators", and it's not mentioned.
>
> Could some kind soul point me at documentation for this thing?

This is the combination operator from the ArrowPlus type class for
arrows, which can be combined in a monoidic fashion.  It corresponds to
(<|>) from the Alternative type class and in fact you can give a trivial
Alternative instance for every arrow that is both ArrowPlus and
ArrowZero.  Reasonable laws would be:

    zeroArrow <+> a = a <+> zeroArrow = a

But I don't think that's official.

Greets,