[Haskell-beginners] Need advice on R vs Haskell

haskell heath haskell.heath at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 06:57:42 CET 2011

I should also mention I've been through node.js's tutorials, and I've
briefly dabbled in Ruby. Is it far-fetched to think I can be just as
productive in Haskell as opposed to using stuff I already know? Just trying
to decide if it's worth continuing my learning experience. One alternative
I've considered is to take it slow with Haskell, and use it more for
educational purposes for now, and use it when I feel comfortable. Read
through one section of LYAH/week, one section of the R tutorial/day, and
work on one project euler problem each week.

Then again if it's just for educational purposes, I could even throw in the
SICP videos when, but I'm not sure how practical that is either.